An agent will bring years of experience and a professional touch to the sale
of your property – they know what works.
As well as providing you with legal protection and market
knowledge, a real estate agent will do the hard yards for you.
They’ll show your house, speak with prospective buyers, negotiate
tricky deals and handle the paperwork.
The things they’ll do for you include:
– Advise on whether to sell by private treaty, auction or
expressions of interest
– Attract potential buyers through their active database
– Create and coordinate a professional marketing campaign
to expand your advertising reach beyond private sale listing
websites (major sites such as realestate.com.au only accept
professional listings from agents)
– Draw on their market experience to give you a realistic value
– Guide you through the legal process
– Handle the open inspections and enquiries
– Negotiate to achieve the best price and terms
– Coordinate a building report, energy efficiency report and
contract of sale
– Ensure exchange and settlement proceed smoothly